Suddenly, it’s the middle of April, DCDR is live and there are eight users in the system.
It’s a very security-focussed group but pilot program members span the globe from Asia to West Africa and the USA. Later today I’m demo-ing the app to someone in Papua New guinea. Keeping track of timezones is beginning to be a major item on my to-do list…!
I’m hoping to get another two-to-four users onto the system for the pilot program and then it’s full-on validation and refinement into mid- to late-May. (If you are interested in taking one of these slots, drop me a note.)
So far, feedback has been positive and the core feature set seems to have covered 75% of use cases but a couple of additional features have been built to address specific requests. One is incident reporting and the other is a basic security audit tool. It’s going to be interesting to see how often each element is used. I have my suspicions but I will wait to see what the data tells me.
The full feature set at the moment is:
- Risk assessments – conduct risk assessments and add individual risks. Two assessment methodologies are supported currently.
- Overview dashboard – a customizable dashboard to show a summary of key data based on the user’s requriements.
- Reporting – generate PDF reports by assessment, location, threat type, function / department, incident.
- Support for multiple-organizations – service providers can create multiple client profiles to manage multiple locations / clients.
- Incident reporting – fast, simple incident reporting with email notification based on event severity
- Security audit – simple auditing tool to assess the key elements of a security system.
This represents V1.20 (or something like that) as I have been tweaking, refining and cleaning each time I customize the app. I am pleased that each iteration is making it a little cleaner, easier to use, faster and more robust.
My next little project is a set of user guides and ‘how to’s which I will post on the user guide page but will also link to those here.
I’d really appreciate it if you could share the news about DCDR. Please use one of the sharing buttons below to send this to a friend or co-worker.